Welcome to our first Trending on Thursdays installment! We created this series to help busy entrepreneurs and business owners stay in the know. Every week, we will share the #smallbiz stories trending on social media. In this week’s installment….
1. More than 40 percent of small business owners don’t take vacations. This is just one of several interesting stats in a blog from Constant Contact CEO Gail Goodman titled “Small Business Owner: One of the Hardest Jobs in America.”
2. Also from Constant Contact, check out this blog, which will help you figure out your small business’s mobile strategy. One trend to think about is so-called phablets (phones with bigger screens). Women are using them more than men, so if you’re trying to reach women, make sure your site works well on phablets.
3. Speaking of mobile, did you know that there are 1.2 billion mobile users now, a number that will climb to 5 billion by 2018. Jeff Bullas shares the top 10 skills you need when taking on digital marketing and its high velocity of change.
4. Find out what role machines will play in the future of customer service in a blog from Small Business Trends.
5. Do you know who the fastest growing group of entrepreneurs in America is? African-American women, according to a recent Fortune story. A new report finds that the number of women-owned firms grew 1.5 times the national average, and black women blow that statistic away.